Microsoft Security Essential is a free antivirus service that is offered to all the Windows platform devices. This is a kind of free antivirus system with the help of which you can take advantage of different kind of paid features. Moreover, this was one of the main reasons it was loved by several Windows users out there.
There are many benefits of using Microsoft security essential, let us have a look at some of them-
- Helps your system to protect from all types of virus and malwares.
- Get several paid features with this 100% free antivirus software.
- You can update this software both ways offline and online.
- Offers you the feature of the scheduled scan.
- It is a less memory consuming application.
- This application can run in the background and can carry forward all it’s works silently.
- The overall interface is excellent and is easy to use.
- Help you get rid of wrong setting or a problem.
- Protects your registry file of windows.
- You would be able to have a look at the history of infected files easily.
- This system is updated regularly.
Although this was all about the advantages of this antivirus software, but along with that, some problems are faced by the users of Microsoft Security Essential. From all those problems, one of the most faced ones is Microsoft Security Essential update error 0x80240022.
If you have also faced this error or facing it currently, then make sure to follow this guide till the end, as here we are going to have a look at the ways to fix this error.
How to fix Microsoft Security Essential Update Error 0x80240022?
Here in this guide, we are going to have a look at some ways with the help of which we can fix Microsoft Security Essential update error 0x80240022. Do follow the steps listed below, and we are sure that you would be able to get rid of this error from one of the methods listed below.
- Checking Automatic Date and Time Settings-
The first way with the help of which you would be able to fix Microsoft Security Essential update error 0x80240022 is by having a look at the date and time settings of your PC.
In most such cases, it was found that this update error occurs because of a change in date and time. This is because the antivirus company provides all the updates at a particular time only, and when the time and date is not correct, then you would not be able to update it and hence face the update error 0x80240022.
- Manually Download Update-
In case if you are not able to get rid of this error with the help of the above-listed method, then you should move to the next method, and that is by manually downloading the latest update. This is so because of incorrect system setting.
There are several websites from where you can find the latest update, but we will prefer you to download it from the official website of Microsoft.
Although this error can be treated with the help of automatic windows updates also.
This was all about the ways to fix update error code 0x80240022 of Microsoft Security Essential. We are sure that with the help of these methods you would be able to get rid of this problem.