You all must have noticed that ads nowadays have become a part of our digital life, and when we are talking about ads in Windows 10 operating system, there are numerous sections where you can face this problem.
With the help of ad blockers, most of the Windows 10 users can get rid of ads from their web browsers such as google chrome, but what about the ads that the Windows 10 users have to face on their desktop without any web browser?
If you are one of those who is facing pop-up ads in their Windows 10 desktop and are unable to get rid of them, then do follow this article till the end. As here, we are going to talk about some of the ways with the help of which we can get rid of these pop-up ads easily.
Guide to Stop Pop-up ads in Windows 10-
Here we are going to have a look at some ways to stop pop-up ads on the Windows 10 desktop.
Pop-Up ads because of Microsoft Edge-
You all must be knowing that Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10, and this pop-up ads stopping method is for those who can notice pop-up ads while Microsoft edge is working.
Let us find out how to get rid of these pop-up ads-
- Open Microsoft Edge in your Windows 10.
- From the right side of the main page on Microsoft Edge, click on the Settings and More option.
- A drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings.
- Under the Settings menu, click on the Privacy and Security section.
- Just switch the Block Pop-ups option On.
In this way, you can get rid of pop-up ads from Microsoft edge.
Pop-Up ads from File Explorer-
You can even face several pop-up ads issues because of OneDrive and Office 365. Moreover, most numbers of people think that they cannot get rid of such ads, but you can quickly stop them.
Here is how you can do it-
- In the first step, you need to open the File Explorer window that you can open manually, or you need to press Win+E button to open it directly.
- Right after that, click on the View tab.
- From the Options menu, you need to select Change Folder and Search Options. Once the next dialog box appears, from there, you need to choose View tab from Folder Options.
- Under the Advanced settings section, you would have to clear the Show Sync Provider notifications box.
- Once you have made these changes, then you need to click on Apply and OK.
Pop-up ads from Windows 10 Lock Screen-
Most of the Windows 10 users face the issue of pop-up ads from their lock screen. Here are the steps that you need to follow for getting rid of such ads-
- Open the Settings option from where you need to move to the Personalization corner.
- Under the Personalization corner, you need to click on the Lock Screen option.
- Select slideshow from menu.
- In the next step, you need to turn off the option for Get fun facts, tips, and more.