You all must be aware of the number of ways with the help of which scamming was done, and hence from all those methods, emails were one of the most used platforms for digital scams. But with a change in time, several things changed, and one of those changes is that scamming methods are also developed, and now various people are scamming with the help of social networking sites such as Facebook.
In case if you are one of those people who are not aware of Facebook friend request scams, then make sure to follow this article till the end. As here, we are going to discuss everything about Facebook scams.
Not only that, but we will also have a look at some ways how we can keep our Facebook account safe from such scams and hence protect yourself.
Some of the common Facebook Scams-
You all must have heard about various email scams in which the scammer tells you to that you won a free giveaway or you get caught in some fake news. But the primary working method is whenever you get such scams, you need to click on the link and hence because of which the person get caught.
But here we are going to talk about some of the most common methods of how Facebook scams are taken out. Let us have a look at those methods one by one-
- The first method in which you can face Facebook scams is direct messaging. In this method, you would be able to notice various links. So if you clicked on those links, then you would be directed toward a particular scamming site.
- You can even face some links, which will directly result in another login page. If you logged in through those links, then your login details would be directly available to the scammer.
- Several fake surveys take place on Facebook in which most of the people get stuck, and hence scammers can get our personal details.
- Nowadays, you all must have noticed an increased number of Facebook friend request scam. In this case, you would be able to see account cloning and will get a Facebook friend request from the cloned account.
Such fake cloned facebook accounts are friends with you, and hence by creating a long conversation with you, ask for money-related services. Such as doing a mobile recharge and many more. There are many more such Facebook scams, but above-listed are some of the most important ones.
How to protect yourself from various Facebook Friend Request Scams?
There are some critical steps with the help of which you would be able to protect your Facebook account from such Facebook scams, let us have a look at them-
- Security Setup- Most people on Facebook think that their account of wholly secured, and hence they cannot face any scamming issues. For proper security, they lock down their posts but forget about their check-in posts, profile picture and other such photographs for locking down.
So it is suggested to you for locking down these posts also.
- Real-World Protection- You should make sure who you make a friend of Facebook and accepts their friend’s request. As they might fool you by saying that they know you, but after some small conversation, they can ask you for transferring money to their account.