Several windows users find Mac OS difficult and vise versa, but we have got many queries regarding using Mac in daily life, and people are having some problems with this OS.
Although discussing all the problems faced by Mac users in one single article would be a bit heavy task, but here we are going to have a look at one of the most asked questions, and that is “How to remove programs from Mac?”.
If you are also one of those people who do not know how to remove programs and applications from a Mac, then this article has everything you would need to know. As here, we are going to discuss all possible ways to remove a program from Mac.
How to Remove Programs from Mac?
Here are the steps to remove a program from Mac-
- In the first step, you would have to make yourself sure that the application is not opened, and if you have opened it, then you should get it closed.
- Once you have closed it, then you would have to visit Finder. You would be able to get Finder at the below left of your Mac screen.
- Open Finder and move to the Applications folder. From the applications folder, you would be able to have a look at all the available applications on your Mac hard drive.
- From the applications list, drag the application to the Trash. Once you have successfully dragged it till the Trash box, that application will get removed.
- In the last step, you need to empty your Trash box. For doing so, open the Trash box.
- From options bar, click on Empty Trash and done.
This was all about the steps for removing a program from your Mac. With the help of these steps, you would be able to get any applications removed. While in some cases, the uninstalling becomes a bit harder, so during that case, you should have a look at if that particular application offers the feature of uninstall utility.
If there is an uninstall utility, then you would be able to get it removed quickly.
Tips for a Smooth Uninstallation Process of Mac-
There are several tips with the help of which you would be able to remove a program from your Mac smoothly. Let us have a look at those tips one by one-
- Whenever you are going to remove a program from your Mac, you should read the application’s read me file. With the help of that file, you would be able to know about an easy uninstallation process for that particular application.
- Before cleaning the uninstalled program from the Trash box, you should have a look at the Trash box once. With the help of this tip, you would be able to save essential files for getting cleaned from your Mac.
- Never go for a paid uninstall utility application. Because Mac OS‘s own uninstall utility is compelling and can help you in almost any case.
- Just assume that you removed a program, but even after that, you can notice it’s App icon on your Mac’s dock, then you can simply drag it to your Trash box.
- Before you uninstall the app you should must have a look at the system files of that application from library folders.
- There are a number of hidden files of application that will stop you from complete uninstallation.
- You can find the uninstallation instructions from that application support. With the help of those instructions only you would be able to uninstall the app.
- Simplest way of deleting programs is to drag application icon to the trash.
Although there are many more such tips with the help of which you can make the overall installation process of application even easier and smooth. But above-listed are some of the most important ones, make sure to read them all before uninstalling a program from Mac.