Firmware security is one such option in MacBook devices with the help of which no one would even be able to reach up to the OS X book screen of your MacBook Air/Pro. Moreover, if you will fill the set password then only you would be able to use your MacBook, in case if you forgot the password then it would be difficult or next to impossible for entering your MacBook.
In case if you are one of those who have forgotten their firmware password of MacBook air, then do follow this guide till the end. As here, we are going to talk about some ways with the help of which you can remove the firmware password.
Guide for removing Firmware Password from MacBook Air-
There are various ways with the help of which you can remove the firmware password on your MacBook air, let us have a look at every such method from which you can select the most appropriate one for yourself.
Using Firmware Password Utility-
You would be able to remove or reset the firmware password on your MacBook air by using firmware password utility. Do follow the steps listed below for using this method-
- When you reboot your MacBook air, you need to click Command+R buttons with the help of which you would be able to enter the recovery mode.
- Once the recovery mode is turned on, you need to move to the Utilities screen and need to go to the Utilities menu.
- From the Utilities menu, you would have to select Firmware Password Utility.
- Under the Firmware Password Utility, you need to turn OFF the Firmware Password option.
- A short loading process will take place, and right after that, you will get a Firmware Password OFF successful message.
Unlocking Firmware Password with the help of Apple itself-
In case if you are unable to get rid of this problem even after using several solution methods, then the next option, you would have to take the support of an Apple Authorized person.
Several Apple Authorized sellers to sell Apple products along with that they repair MacBook and iPhones. You can take your MacBook air to one of such people nearby you, and they would be able to help you in getting rid of this problem easily.
If you are going to an Apple Store for getting rid of this issue, then make sure you have all the related ownership documents with you that can help you in letting them know that this is your MacBook air.
Here are some of the MacBook versions that can get their Firmware password removed from Apple Store easily-
- MacBook Air that are launched in 2010 and later
- MacBook Pro that are launched in 2011 and later
- All models of MacBook Pro that have Retina display
- Mac Mini launched after 2011
- Mac Pro launched in late 2013
Most of you now must be having a question in your mind that what about other models of MacBook Air and Pro? In the case of other models also you can visit Apple Store, as they would be able to let you know about the solution.
Tips for creating a strong Firmware password and how to remember it-
There are a number of tips with the help of which you can create one of the best and strongest Firmware password for your MacBook Pro/Air that will be easy to remember too. Let us have a look at some of that tips-
- First and most important tip that can help you in creating a strong password is that you should must-have 12 characters in your Firmware password. Now those 12 characters can be related to your name or one of your favorite things.
- You should include some of numbers and symbols in your firmware password that will make it unpredictable for others.
- Make sure you are not using any kind of common substitution for your firmware password.
- In case if you want to remember the password then you should crate such password that is attached to something important in your life.
- Moreover you can even write or store your password at some safe place. In case somewhere in your smartphone, iCloud or anywhere else, with the help of which you can remember account password.
- You should remember the password, as once the password is set the you would not be able to change it easily if forgotten.
- In some serious conditions macos recovery mode cannot even help you.
- If you got firmware locked issue then you can visit nearby apple authorized service station for getting the solution.
- Whenever you will move to Apple Store make sure you have proof of purchase or previous owner details.