USB devices are one of those things that are used with computer systems daily, but several Windows 10 users are there in this world who face a number of issues with these USB devices, and one of the most faced issues is the USB device not recognized Window 10.
There are a number of reasons because of which you would be able to face this issue of USB device not recognized Windows 10. Let us have a look at some of those reasons-
- You would be able to face this issue if your USB connector has some hardware or software issues.
- You can even face this issue if the USB device that you are connecting to your system is not working properly.
Although there are many more such reasons because of which you can face this issue, but above-listed are some of the most important reasons.
Let us now head towards the central part of this article, in which we are going to have a look at the ways with which we can get rid of USB device not recognized in Windows 10.
How to get rid of USB device not recognized Window 10?
There are several ways with the help of which we can get rid of the USB device not recognized in windows 10. Let us have a look at those ways one by one-
Turn off fast startup
- There are some noticeable changes that whenever a fast startup feature is turned on, our system is unable to recognize the USB device.
- Firstly you need to enter the Control Panel, from where you need to visit Hardware and Sound.
- From Hardware and Sound, you would have to visit Power options. Hence you need to click on Choose what the power button does.
- Then you need to click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Find the fast startup option and disable that option. Once you have done that, save your changes and restart your PC.
Update your USB drivers
- In most of the cases, your system is unable to recognize USB devices when plugged in because of non updated USB drivers.
- Firstly you need to unplug your USB hard drive.
- Once you have done that, then you need to open the device manager, that you can open with the help of Windows Key and X.
- Once you have reached to Device Manager, then you would have to move to the Disk driver section. Hence from there, you need to uninstall your USB hard drive.
- Once you have uninstalled the driver, then you can restart your computer.
- When you have restarted your computer, you need to connect your USB hard drive to your system, and hence it will automatically reinstall the USB drivers.
Uninstall Hidden Devices
- The following way with the help of which you can get rid of USB device not recognized in Window 10 is by uninstalling hidden devices from your system.
- Firstly you need to open the command prompt in your Windows 10 computer.
- When the command prompt opens, you need to enter these commands.
- With these commands, the device manager will open automatically from where you need to select Show hidden devices.
- From where you need to delete all out entries.
- Once done, restart your computer.
Need answer then visit help.microsoft.com talk to a person
1 thought on “USB Device Not Recognized Windows 10”
Help guide available for Microsoft