Have you bought a new Wireless Brother printer for yourself, but you don’t know how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi. If this is your current situation, then do follow this guide till the end.
As in this guide, we are going to have a look at all the steps with the help of which we can connect our Brother Wireless Printer to Wi-Fi.
How to connect your Brother Printer to the Wi-FI network?
Whenever you are connecting your Brother printer to Wi-Fi, you have to make sure some things and those things are as follows-
You should have a look at some information about your network such as-
- Network Name(SSID)
- Network Password(Network Key)
Moreover, if you are unable to find the network name and password, then you can check the backside of your router, you would be able to find these details from there easily.
This was all about the information that you should know before configuring your Brother printer to a Wi-Fi network. Let us now head towards the main guide, where we are going to have a look at steps to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi.
- Firstly you need to have a look at the control panel of your Brother printer with the help of which you can set up your Printer wirelessly.
- In the next step, you need to connect the power cord or USB cable of your Brother wireless printer and turn on your Printer.
- Select the MENU button, with the help of which you would be able to have a look at all the features offered by your Brother Printer.
- With the use of up and down keys on your Brother printer, you need to find a network setting from the menu screen. Hence from that network setting, find the wireless setup option.
- Select the Wireless setup option, and from the next page, you would be able to have a look at all the available wireless networks around you.
- Then with the use of up and down arrow key, you need to select the WLAN and click OK.
- Once you clicked OK, you would have to move to the wireless setup wizard and click OK.
- When the LAN network enables, then you would be able to have a look at that wireless network.
In the next step, you would be able to notice the setup wizard, in this wizard, your Brother Printer will search for the Wi-Fi network and will show you the list of all the available networks around you.
From this list, you need to select the SSID you want to connect to and then press OK.
Hence in the next and final step, you would be asked to fill the security key of that SSID network.
Tips to take care while How to connect your Brother Printer to the Wi-FI –
There are several tips that you need to have a look at before setting up your Brother printer wirelessly.
- Make sure the power cord of your Brother Printer is connected to the power joint.
- You should check the SSID and Security Key of the network to be connected.
- Make sure to install the printer driver with the help of which you can connect Printer to your computer.
This was all about the tips to take care while setting up your Brother printer to Wi-Fi network. But there are several such conditions in which your Brother printer does not work and connects to your Wi-Fi network, so to get rid of those issues and download latest drivers from solutions.brother.com/windows official link. We need to have a look at some ways to troubleshoot the Brother Wi-Fi printer.
How to Troubleshoot Wi-Fi Printers?
There are several frustrating conditions in which you want to use your Brother printer but are unable to do so. Because your Brother printer is not connecting to your wireless network.
Here we are going to have a look at some ways with the help of which we can troubleshoot Brother Wi-Fi printers during such conditions.
- In the first step, you need to have a look at some basic requirements, with the help of which you can get your printer functioning completely. Under basics, you can have a look at these things-
- Have a look at the power connectivity of your wireless Printer.
- Try to connect your Printer to your PC and other such devices and check whether it is working with all systems or not.
- Have a look at the toner and papers of your Printer and make sure there are no issues in that section.
- You should have a look at all the warning lights so that you can know about any error in your Printer.
- Make sure your Printer is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- If you are still facing the problem and want to troubleshoot your Brother printer, then make sure you have set up your Printer as your default printer. In case you do not know how to set up your Printer as the default printer, then do follow the points below-
- Firstly move to the Hardware and Sound settings that you would be able to find from the Control Panel.
- From the Hardware and Sound settings section, you need to move to Devices and Printers.
- When you move to the Devices and Printer section, there you will find all the available printers. From there, you need to select the Printer you want to set as the default printer, which you would be able to do that by right-clicking on it.
- You can restart your PC and Printer, with the help of which you would be able to troubleshoot both your devices and hence would be able to solve your wireless printer issue.
- You can even run your Brother printer’s troubleshooter. You would be able to run this troubleshooter by moving to the Devices and Printers section that you will find in your Control Panel.
Once you have reached the Devices and Printers section, there you need to find the Printer that you want to run the troubleshooter. That you would be able to do by right-clicking on that particular Printer.
To download brother Printer drivers you need to visit solutions.brother.com/windows official webpage.