Do you have an Epson Printer? If you said yes, then we are sure that you all must have heard about Epson connect. Although every Epson printer user is aware of Epson connect Printer setup utility, but they are unaware of its uses and do not know how to set up this software.
If you are one of those people, then make sure you follow this guide till the end, as here we are going to have a look at Epson connect printer setup utility steps for Windows and Mac both.
Along with that, we will also have a look at a short introduction to Epson connect, and its features.
What is Epson.com/Connect?
Epson connect is a kind of software that, if you have installed it on your system, then you would be able to connect to that system and print almost anything from anywhere. Not only that in case if you have to make a vital scan urgently, then you would be able to do that also with the help of Epson Connect printer anywhere.
With the help of Epson connect, you would be able to scan and print emails, documents, photos, or anything else; the only requirement is that you need to connect your smartphone, tablet, or any such device with this software and the Printer.
Moreover, with the help of this potent software, you can take advantage of your Printer as a color fax machine also. You would be able to scan documents and photos that you can upload at specific destinations also.
Let us have a look at the services that you can take advantage of with the help of Epson connect-
- You would be able to print your photos and documents just by sending an email with Epson connect.
- You would be able to scan various things and can directly upload them to a specific cloud network.
- You can even take advantage of Epson iPrint with the help of Epson connect.
- You would be able to print anything with the help of your Epson printer and Internet remotely.
This was all about a short introduction to Epson connect, let us now have a look at Epson connect printer setup utility for mac and windows platform and how you would be able to enable epson connect.
Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility for Windows-
Here are the steps with the help of which you would be able to take advantage of Epson connect software on your Windows PC.
- Download the latest compatible version of Epson Connect Printer setup utility. It is suggested that you should always download this setup directly from the official website of Epson Printers.
Although because of any reason if you are unable to find or download this setup from the official website, then you would be able to download it from several other free sites. Just make sure that the website you choose should be trustable and safe.
- Once you have downloaded it, then open it, and at the first step, you would be able to notice an end-user license agreement, which you should agree and then press next.
By agreeing to this agreement, you agree with all the terms and conditions to be followed while using this application.
- Right after clicking on Next, you need to click on the Install button. Hence you would be able to notice that the installation process has been started.
- After installation is completed, click on the Finish button.
- From the next landing page, you would be asked to select your Printer. Make sure you select the right Printer and then click on the Next button.
- On the next page, you would be given two options; those will be to Register your Printer to Epson connect or to Remove Printer. From those options, you need to select Register Printer.
With this step, you would be able to register your Epson printer to Epson connect.
- Click on Agree and move to the next option by selecting Next.
- Within a few seconds, you will get a message, which would be telling you to Register a printer to Epson connect software. You would have to select, OK.
- In the next page, you will again get two option, and those would be as follows-
- The first option would be to create a new Epson connect account. This message should be selected by those who are new to this platform and are creating their account for the first time.
- The second available option would be to register a new printer. This option is for those who already have an Epson connect account, and they want to add a new printer to it.
- Select the most appropriate option for yourself and click on the Close button.
- That’s it. You would be able to connect and setup your Printer easily with Epson connect.
This was all about the setup utility guide for the Windows platform, let us now have a look at the steps for Mac.
Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility for Mac OS X-
Let us have a look at the steps to setup Epson connect on Mac OS devices.
- Firstly you would have to download Epson connect printer setup utility. Make sure you have downloaded the Mac OS setup version.
- After download completion, run the setup.
- Click on the Continue button.
- At the next step, you would be able to find a license agreement, which you should agree, and in case if you selected disagree, then you would not be able to move further with the setup.
- After selecting agree, click on the continue button.
- Click on the Install button, and after the installation is complete, click on the close button for closing the setup wizard.
- In the next step, you would have to select your product, which means select the Printer that you want to connect with Epson connect software.
- Select your Printer and click on Next.
- If you want to register your Printer with Epson connect, then you need to select Printer Registration. After that, select Next.
- Right after this step, you will get a message to Register a printer to Epson connect. There you need to click, OK.
- In the next step, you would be able to check the box with a message of accepting all the terms and conditions and hence click Next button.
- You would be asked between two features, and those are either to create a new Epson connect account or registering your Printer. You would have to select the most appropriate option for you.
- In the next step, click on the Close button.
- That’s it.