Just assume that you want to print something in a hurry as you need it very urgently. You head towards your system, clicked on Print a document, selected your favorite Printer, but all after that, you noticed that there was no change, and nothing happened; hence it shows an offline status. If this is your current situation that you faced with your HP printer, then make sure to follow everything listed-below.
As here in this article, we are going to talk about all possible solutions with the help of which you can get rid of your HP printer offline status.
Why is my HP printer shows an offline status?
There are plenty of reasons because of which you can this offline status issue with your HP printer, let us have a look at them-
- There must be some issue in your HP printer or computer system. For finding such issues, you would have to check every single connection between your computer and Printer thoroughly.
- This is a kind of issue in some cases. It could have been shown because of some minimal problems while, on the other hand, it can even show up because of some complicated issues too.
- In some cases, this issue can arise because of various driver and software problems too.
There are many more such reasons that can lead to the HP printer offline status issue, but some of the common and most faced ones are above-listed. In the coming section, we are going to discuss about how to fix my HP printer offline status issue.
Fix for HP printer offline status issues-
Make sure to follow every step thoroughly with the help of which you would be able to ensure zero mistakes during the fixing of this error.
A Physical Checkup-
Firstly check every single USB connection that has been created within your system and HP printer. Once you have a look at them all, then you can head towards your ethernet port section. Where you need to check if an ethernet port is firmly connected or not.
In case every connection is looking fine, but still, you can notice an offline status, then you can check and try those cables with other connections. With the help of this step, you would be able to know that if those wires are finely working or not.
In case if any other connection also fails, then there must be an issue with your wires, and you need to change them.
Setting Printer Online Manually-
There is a way with the help of which you can manually setup your Printer to online mode. Do follow the steps listed below-
- Firstly you need to move to the start menu of your system, from where you would have to open Control Panel.
- From the control, panel menu select Devices and Printers.
- There you need to Right-click on your Printer and select See what’s printing option.
- Once you have selected, then from the opened menu, you need to choose the Printer from the menu bar.
- Hence from there, you have to click on Use Printer Online, and that’s it.