You all must know that there is particular software in your Windows 10 with the help of which you would be able to delete and manage all kind of printing jobs and that software is known as print spooler service.
But recently it was noticed that most of the people out there were facing the issue of Print Spooler keeps stopping on Windows 10 and they all are unable to complete their printing jobs on time easily.
Is there any way to solve this issue? If this is the question in your mind, then the answer is yes, as there are plenty of solutions with which you can get rid of this issue in your Windows 10.
Make sure to follow this guide till the end to know every possible way to fix Print Spooler keeps stopping on Windows 10 issue.
Quick Fix For Print Spooler Keeps Stopping On Windows 10-
Here is the list of the method with the help of which you would be able to fix Print Spooler keep stopping windows 10 quickly. You can select the most appropriate one for yourself-
Uninstalling some printers
Whenever you attach or install a printer to your Windows 10 system all it’s files get copied inside your system and when this number of printers installed in a system increases above a specific limit then issues such as Print Spooler not working arises in the system.
For getting such issue you can uninstall some printers that are not in use from your system, and to do so, you can follow the steps listed below-
- Firstly you need to click on Windows Key + X with the help of which you would be able to notice a small menu, select Control Panel from there.
- From the control panel window, you need to select on Devices and Printers.
- Hence you would be able to notice the list of installed printers on your Windows. You need to select the printer you want to uninstall and click on Print server properties.
- Move to the driver’s tab, and from the list of installed printers, you can click on the Remove button beside the printer you want to uninstall.
- Right after clicking on Remove button you will get two options of Remove driver only or Remove driver and driver package. You need to click on Remove driver and driver package and click OK.
- In the last step, restart the service, and that’s it.
Deleting Print Spooler Files-
In some cases, you can face this issue when there is some problem in Print Spooler files. So, in that case, you need to delete the Print Spooler files directly.
Do follow the steps to delete Print Spooler files-
- Firstly press Windows Key + R and type services.msc in the search box.
- Once the services window opens, you need to find Print Spooler, and you would be able to stop it by right-clicking on it.
- In the next step, you have to move to C:\WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTER folder and press enter.
- You need to delete all the files in this folder. Hence when all the files are deleted, then you need to disconnect your printer.
Tips to follow-
- Whenever you are installing the printer drivers make sure they are installed completely without any error. If printers folder does not contain all the related files then you can still face the issue, hence you would not be able to fix Print Spooler.
- In case if you want to fix this problem of Print Spooler you can move to printer properties window that you will find from Control panel of your system.
- Even after trying all the solutions listed above, if you are still facing the issue of Print Spooler stop working then you can call your Printer’s customer care team or visit canon.com/ijsetup.