Have you ever faced the issue of Skype microphone not working while audio or video calls on Skype? If you said yes and you are still unable to resolve this issue, then make sure to follow this article till the end, as in this article, we are going to talk about several ways to fix Skype microphone not working.
But before heading towards the main section, let us discuss why people face this Skype microphone not working issue-
- There could be some issues in the software of your Skype application.
- Your system might be having some issues in the microphone setup.
Moreover, there are many such ways with the help of which you can face this microphone not working issue. But above-listed are some of the most important ones.
How to Fix “Skype Microphone Not Working”?
Here we are going to have a look at some ways with the help of which you would be able to fix Skype microphone not working issue.
The microphone should be set to On for Skype application
Do follow the steps below with the help of which you would be able to make sure that your system microphone is set to On for Skype.
- As this guide is for Windows 10 users, then you need to click on the Windows logo button and I combining. Make sure both the buttons are clicked at the same time.
- You would be able to notice a new window from where you need to click on the Privacy option.
- Once you have opened the Privacy settings window, from there, you need to click on the Microphone settings option. Once you have reached that window, you need to check the status and make sure it’s ON for Skype.
- If the status is Off, then you should turn it ON with the help of a switch.
- Once turned ON, open your Skype application and try to make a call for checking purposes.
Adjust the Audio settings-
The following way with the help of which you can fix the microphone not working issue with Skype is by adjusting the audio settings of Skype.
- Firstly you need to login to your Skype account.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your Skype account, then you need to click on Tools from where you would have to move to Options.
- From there, you need to click on Audio Settings that is available on the left side. Hence from there, you would have to click on Automatically adjust microphone settings and click on Save.
- Once you have saved the settings, then you need to open Skype and check if now your microphone works.
Makes Updates in Sound Driver
The next way with the help of which you can resolve this issue of microphone not working is by updating the sound driver of your system.
- Firstly you can download the Driver Easy software, with the help of which you would be able to find the software drivers for your sound card.
- You can update your system’s sound driver. Once updated, restart your computer.
- Hence with the help of this step, you would be able to get rid of the microphone not working issue.