One Drive is one of the largest cloud storage service providers introduced by Microsoft. With the help of which, you would be able to store all your files such as photos, videos, and various such things securely in one place.
In short, we can say that One drive is just a hard drive that is accessible to you through the internet.
But it has been noticed with several users that whenever they try to sign in to their Onedrive account from their Windows 10, they face an error code 0x8004de40 and hence problem connecting to onedrive.
This error means that you should try again with the sign-in process for connecting to the cloud storage.
If you are also facing this trouble, here are some of the ways with the help of which you can get rid of this One drive error code 0x8004de40 issue.
How do I fix One drive error code 0x8004de40 Windows 10?
Here is the list of ways with the help of which you would be able to fix this One drive sign in error-
Change Your Internet Properties-
You would be able to fix this error code 0x8004de40 for your One drive sign in by changing your internet properties, here are the steps to follow-
- Directly open windows search bar from where you need to search inetcpl.cpl and then press enter.
- With the help of this step, you would be able to open Internet properties directly.
- There you would be able to notice several tabs, from which you need to open the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab settings corner, you would have to scroll down and try to find options such as-
Use TLS 1.0
Use TLS 1.1
Use TLS 1.2
- You would have to check these boxes and make sure you have not made any other changes in that settings corner. Once done, then save the settings.
With the help of these steps, you would be able to change your Internet properties and hence can get rid of One drive sign in error.
Making Changes in Your Internet Proxy Settings-
If you were unable to solve this issue with the help of the above-listed method, then here’s the second option, and that is by making changes in your Internet proxy settings. Let us have a look at the steps-
- Heads towards Windows 10 search bar.
- There you would have to type inetcpl.cpl and press enter. With the help of this step, you would be able to reach the Internet properties window directly.
- Once you reached the Internet properties window, you need to move towards the Connection tab.
- From there, move to the LAN settings tab.
- You need to uncheck the settings option under LAN settings, and that is “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option.
- Nearby that option you will get the “Automatically detect setting” option, you would have to select that.
- That’s it, save your setting, and you would be able to get rid of this issue easily.
Although there are several ways with the help of which we can get rid of Onedrive error code 0x8004de40, but above-listed are some of the most effective ones.
Moreover you can even try to reset onedrive account with the help of your onedrive app or directly from the website. Not only that there is a way to get rid of this issue with the use of command prompt also. Get queries answered here help.microsoft.com talk to a person